The National Institutes of Health’s All of Us Research Program has issued a new funding opportunity soliciting proposals to support outreach, community engagement, and participant enrollment and retention efforts. Awardees will join the national All of Us consortium and help the program connect with diverse communities, including those that have been historically underrepresented in biomedical research.
Organizations may propose an approach to support one or more of the following areas:
- Community, participant, and provider engagement, enrollment, and retention: Propose strategies and tactics to engage communities and health care providers, and facilitate enrollment of participants who reflect the diversity of the United States. Enrollment and retention includes all of the steps along the participant journey, including completion of consent forms and participation in ongoing surveys, collection of biosamples and physical measurements, and additional activities over time.
- Researcher engagement: Engage scientists from diverse backgrounds, encourage use of the program’s data platform, and solicit feedback to inform future enhancements to help build a more inclusive research ecosystem.
- Tribal engagement: Strengthen partnerships with Tribal Nations as well as American Indian and Alaska Native populations on non-Tribal land to advance community-led participation in All of Us, promote researcher training and career development, and support overall infrastructure and capacity building to promote research from within Tribal communities.
- Integration of participants and advocates in program oversight: Involve participants and advocates in the program’s governance and full range of activities, and develop novel ways to assess participant engagement and its impact.
All of Us anticipates funding multiple awards. Submissions will be accepted on an ongoing basis through May 23, 2025.
For full details, please see the funding announcement, Research Opportunity Announcement: All of Us Engagement, Communications, and Enrollment Partnerships.
Interested individuals also may register and attend a pre-submission webinar for more information:
- June 27, 2022, 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. EDT
- Register to attend the webinar
Inquiries? Please email AOU-ROA@nih.gov.