All of Us Tribal Engagement
The All of Us Research Program is committed to ensuring that the program reflects the diversity of the United States and hopes to engage with Tribal Nations to facilitate the inclusion of American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) populations in this program. The program recognizes that Tribes are sovereign nations and seeks ongoing input from Tribal leaders through formal consultation and listening sessions to understand how the All of Us Research Program can develop meaningful, culturally sensitive collaborations with Tribal Nations and communities.
In preparation for consultation, the All of Us team conferred with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Tribal Advisory Committee, convened the Tribal Collaboration Working Group (TCWG), spoke with Tribal leaders and researchers both through informal conversations and at meetings and conferences, requested listening sessions, and conducted an informal literature review. For more information about the All of Us Research Program and its Tribal engagement activities to date, view resources or contact us.
- California Rural Indian Health Board Listening Session
- Location: Washington, DC
- Date & Time: May 2, 2019, 1:00-2:00 pm ET
- National Congress of American Indians Research Program Overview Webinar
- Date & Time: June 3, 2019, 3:00-4:00 pm ET
- Event Details: NCAI Webinar Archive
- United South & Eastern Tribes Listening Session
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Date & Time: June 18, 2019, 10:00 am CT
- Event Details: Agenda pdf | 229.49 KB
- HHS Regional Consultation (Region 9)
- Location: Sacramento, CA
- Date & Time: June 20, 2019, 1:30-2:30 pm PT
- Event Details: Agenda & Registration
- National Congress of American Indians Consultation
- Location: Sparks, NV
- Date & Time: June 24, 2019, 1:30-5:00 pm PT
- Event Details: Video of presentation
- HHS Regional Consultation (Region 10)
- Location: Spokane, WA
- Date & Time: July 11, 2019, 1:30-2:30 pm PT
- Event Details: Agenda & Registration
- HHS Regional Consultation (Regions 1, 2, 3, and 4)
- Event cancelled
- Alaska Native Health Board Mega Meeting Listening Session
- Location: Anchorage, AK
- Date & Time: August 7, 2019
- Event Details: Location
- HHS Regional Consultation (Regions 6, 7 and 8)
- Location: Denver, CO
- Date & Time: August 21, 2019, 2:30-5:00 pm MT
- Event Details: Registration
- NIH Tribal Advisory Committee (TAC) In-Person Meeting
- Location: Fairbanks, AK
- Date & Time: August 22, 2019, 1:00-2:00 pm AT
The All of Us Research Program would like to offer the following resources to assist Tribal leaders and community participants prepare for the consultations and listening sessions.
- View All of Us Fact Sheet pdf | 186.9 KB.
- View All of Us Dear Tribal Leader Letter page.
- View All of Us Framing Letter page.
- View Federal Register Notice of Tribal Consultations.
- Tribal Collaboration Working Group Report – The All of Us Research Program established a Tribal Collaboration Working Group, consisting of Tribal leaders, researchers, IRB members, and other community members to provide input on the inclusion of AI/AN individuals in All of Us. The TCWG’s report pdf | 429.04 KB is intended to serve as a resource for Tribal leaders as they prepare their comments for the consultations and listening sessions.
- All of Us Research Program protocol summary and full operational protocol
Subscribe to Our ListServ
Sign up to our Tribal Engagement Listserv to be notified of announcements, events, and other important updates. Click the Subscribe button below to be taken to our Listserv webpage, and provide your name and email address. You can unsubscribe from the Listserv at any time. Thank you.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Phone: (240) 515-5317
Toll-free Line: (833) 715-4631
Mail: All of Us Research Program
6011 Executive Blvd, Suite 214
Rockville, MD 20852